Santo Antão Church
“The Santo Antão Church is located at Giraldo Square, and was built under the orders of D. Henrique.
Its construction started in 1557. Inside, the exquisite marble façade of the main altar presents the Apostles as shown in the previous Santo Antoninho church, which used to set ground on this site.
This church, one of the most important in Évora, dominates one of the sides of the Giraldo Square and presents 3 aisles in its interior. The remainder of the construction reminds us of a big hall. It was classified by IIP in 1970 as a Building of Public Interest.”
Source: Site VisitÉvora.net – Guia de Viagem