“The Graça Church or Our lady of Graça Church was the first monument of the Renaissance architecture in the city of Évora. It is located in the Graça Square and designed by architects Miguel Arruda and Nicolau de Chaterene.
Its construction started in 1524 and was considered a national monument in 1910.
This church is made of local granite and its classic architectonic volumes let us guess all the Renaissance elements. It has a longitudinal irregular plan and a single aisle with four domes in its interior. The windows of the main altar are made of Estremoz marble.
The external look is rather interesting and original in what concerns the Portuguese architecture of that period. Each side shows four large granite sitting statues holding iron lances. They lean on four fire globes representing “the four parts of the world” where the Portuguese went. Locals call them “The Graça Boys”.
Source: Site VisitÉvora.net – Guia de Viagem
M'AR De AR Muralhas - Before and After
Hotel Cartuxa / M'AR De AR Muralhas 2008 / M'AR De AR Muralhas 2018
Clipping: XicoFran exhibits at M'ar De Ar Aqueduto
The watercolorist XicoFran inaugurated his exhibition "Sharing Jazz" last Saturday at the hotel M'Ar...