Évora Palace of King D. Manuel
“The Palace of King D. Manuel is stilll one of the most beautiful buildings of the city of Évora. This monument is inside the Évora Public Garden (…) built by D. Afonso V circa 1486.
The Garden was grown during the reign of King D. Manuel, who also built the so called Gallery of the Ladies, the only part still standing.
The palace as it is known today has two stretched parts, with a three story tower in the center. The building shows a hybrid Alentejo style, with strong Moorish peninsular influence and a naturalist decoration typical of the late Gothic Manueline style. It is also decorated with more recent additions and elegant Roman details.
The entrance to the first floor is made through a large Manueline door, and in the third floor light comes in through Renaissance windows.
Clipping: XicoFran exhibits at M'ar De Ar Aqueduto
The watercolorist XicoFran inaugurated his exhibition "Sharing Jazz" last Saturday at the hotel M'Ar...
Clipping: Tapas, Rest, Swim
"It's a symbol of modernity in the historic center, but it is already on its way to becoming a classic,...