“The Museum (…) was renovated in 2009. It was first inaugurated in 1915, showing an exhibition of several pieces pertaining to the Public Library Director, Augusto Filipe , who collected several Roman, Visigoth and Arab pieces of the 1870 decade, from the assets of King D. Manuel Palace, the Roman Temple and the Square.
The most significant pieces of the Museum are thirteen panels representing the life of the Virgin, and six smaller ones representing the Passion of Christ, by an unknown painter of the Bruges School in the mid XV century.
This Museum has more than 20.000 pieces on the most varied themes, thus being one of the most important museums in Portugal.
It also frequently shows interesting temporary exhibitions, and offers day trips on Saturdays, which take locals and tourists to other destinations in the Alentejo and other areas of Portugal.”
: Site VisitÉvora.net – Guia de Viagem
Clipping: XicoFran exhibits at M'ar De Ar Aqueduto
The watercolorist XicoFran inaugurated his exhibition "Sharing Jazz" last Saturday at the hotel M'Ar...
Clipping: Tapas, Rest, Swim
"It's a symbol of modernity in the historic center, but it is already on its way to becoming a classic,...